WoW Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOTHER FUCKING AIR FORCE AND SHIT

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Server is back up NEW HAMCHI CHANNEL!
Goodbye, guys. Empty6/18/2010, 7:41 am by billys

» [Release] Patch 3.1.3.1
Goodbye, guys. Empty6/1/2010, 7:09 pm by HopKe

» I'm back!!
Goodbye, guys. Empty4/14/2010, 10:47 pm by thgryfx1

» WHO IS SHADE!???
Goodbye, guys. Empty1/28/2010, 1:31 am by Valthoran

» Hello Requiem, I'm coming back. :D
Goodbye, guys. Empty1/28/2010, 12:44 am by jwp93

» New Forums
Goodbye, guys. Empty1/15/2010, 9:15 pm by Tiberius

» Woe Is Me >Filler<
Goodbye, guys. Empty1/1/2010, 5:09 pm by Cold

» And yes, this is the one and only Mothmonster :P
Goodbye, guys. Empty10/7/2009, 11:58 pm by moth

» Hey Szethykins!
Goodbye, guys. Empty10/7/2009, 11:51 pm by moth

Goodbye, guys.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SpaceCowgirl
Admin
SpaceCowgirl

Location : Directly behind you, with an axe in one hand and a tube of Pixy Stix hanging from my mouth.

Goodbye, guys. Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye, guys.   Goodbye, guys. Empty8/13/2009, 10:08 pm

I'm done. I'll be here on the forums, but I'm not logging on the server again.

If anyone wants to know why, ask Starsong or any of her alts. Smile Of course, I'm sure she'll play the innocent victim and pretend she has no idea what's going on though.

I love you guys. You've been wonderful.
Back to top Go down
CalamitysEdge

CalamitysEdge

Goodbye, guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, guys.   Goodbye, guys. Empty8/14/2009, 1:10 am

NUUUUUUU! There are very few people on the internet that play WoW that have a true understanding of things going on around them, and can spell "Can you help me please?" without fucken it up. Would be an awful shame if you didn't come back, its people like you that help keep people in check, and remind them they are not all savages and idiots. Some people are just jealous or have problems understanding that the world dose not revolve around them.
If ya want... I can ban whomever pissed ya off, though I know full well that you could do that for yourself, and thats one of the reasons that I personally will miss ya. Instead of just saying "Fuck you, I'm banning you", you instead have the calm and control to handle it and act like a mature adult and not another five year old playing WoW. I personally don't know you that well, but as someone that has only known you for a short time and enjoyed playing with you still I do hope you decide to come back. And if not, I wish you luck with everything that you attempt.

P.S. Clayton, if you can convince her to stay.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SpaceCowgirl
Admin
SpaceCowgirl

Location : Directly behind you, with an axe in one hand and a tube of Pixy Stix hanging from my mouth.

Goodbye, guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, guys.   Goodbye, guys. Empty8/14/2009, 4:04 am

Calamity - you already banned her sweetie. And I appreciate it.

I'm just kind of...I don't know. Tired. Someone said on the Vent channel that I shouldn't let them "win" and that I shouldn't give up. The thing is, this is online. I went on Requiem to kind of relax at the end of the day. The past few weeks, it's stopped being fun and has become more like a job. I've dreaded logging on.

Clayton said earlier to me that people treat all of us (meaning all of us who are GMs, which includes you) like we're substitute teachers. And he's right - we tell them to do something, and they tell us to fuck off and that they're going to tattle on us to Dan. We all work so hard on the server to make it nice, and maybe 40% of the people actually appreciate what we do. Then when another GM starts doing that...well. What do you do? It has already happened three times in the past two weeks that we've had people as GMs who turned out to be totally incompetent, but now, Starsong has become one of them. I really liked her. I respected her. I considered her one of my friends. It's just demoralizing to have someone that you genuinely liked and cared about turn out to be so completely the opposite of who you thought they were. After she was gone, I then learned that she'd lied about several things she'd told me about her own personal life.

It was just the last straw.

I love all of you. You're some of the best people I've ever played with. And I will be on the forums, so don't worry.
Back to top Go down
Valthoran

Valthoran

Goodbye, guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, guys.   Goodbye, guys. Empty8/14/2009, 4:15 am

Oh my... I'm sorry about that.

Well we should all respect your decision.
Back to top Go down
CalamitysEdge

CalamitysEdge

Goodbye, guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, guys.   Goodbye, guys. Empty8/14/2009, 4:30 am

Well, I play retail ALOT. With 3 lvl 80s and my 4th at lvl 72 I can honestly say that, while addicting, that is also becoming more like a job than anything, wich is why I love requiem.

One thing I have noticed, is that recently a large amount of people have been made GM for no reason, MYSELF included.
There where a few times I even warned Dan "This person REALLY can't be trusted as a GM", and although I didn't agree with his choice to promote them, its not my server, so I won't act like it is.

I do understand where hes coming from though. People constantly saying "I wish I was GM" or "How I get GM pl0x" constantly in chat can get annoying, and also having to deal with people constantly asking for items, spells, this, and that. Its understandable that he wants to promote them so they can deal with it themselves but at the same time, being a GM is a huge responsibility and gives players a large amount of power they can't handle.
"With great power comes great responsibility"

As for being made a GM myself, I will admit that I didn't do anything special. I'm not saying that "Oh, I'm GM because I'm better than you" or anything. I however didn't nag Dan, insult ANYONE in any fashion or mock the concept of RP. I simply asked once about the requirements of becoming a GM after I had already started playing and gotten to know people.

For anyone reading this, this isn't a guideline on how to become a GM. And not only do I hope that Dan will make it harder for people to become a GM, but people need to understand something about what it means to be a GM.

GMs are able to learn spells others can't, kill people with one push of a button, and morph into any NPC they wish. While I have had some fun RPing as Sylvanas and Illidan before, I NEVER god-mod or act OP. Furthermore, while this is a Private Server and not a retail server, and GMs are allowed to have fun and play the damn game, there ARE some things that they are entitled to do. Helping the players is the big one. If someone asks ya for an item, you don't need the item ID. Just have them link the item, then do this:
".char additem [Link Item in Chat]"
Which helps alot. Other players want to have fun to, so don't go around terrorizing them with your so called "Awesome" GM powers, or you will get banned. There is a difference between GM and Admin. The Admin status, which only few have, and ban a GM and arn't afraid to do so.

Anyways, "SpaceCowGirl" none of this was directed at you, I just needed to get some of this stuff out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goodbye, guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, guys.   Goodbye, guys. Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodbye, guys.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WoW Requiem :: Off-Topic Chat-
Jump to: